The Fitness Buster - Home
LOCATION: 282 Franklin Street
|
Norwich CT 06360
CALL: 860.857.8689
|
Follow The Fitness Buster on LinkedIn
Follow The Fitness Buster on Twitter
Read The Fitness Buster Blog
Follow The Fitness Buster on Facebook
Home
About Me
Fitness Equipment
Recommended Workouts
Nutrition
Recipes
Fit Bits
Contact The Fitness Buster

Friday, November 12, 2010

Lets Exercise :)

Yesterday we covered how you should start to implement your meals into your daily routine and we touched in very vague detail on the nutrition you should strive to feed your body. As you may have noticed I have been feeding you very light details in a step by step action oriented way. 

I want you to stop reading and start performing, as you follow my website and this community of fitness families you will have no choice but to continue learning. As we start the steam engine rolling and start incorporating a healthier lifestyle I can then start to get you to improve upon more things that may in fact have a bigger benefit to you. 

Proper form during exercises, better nutritional strategies developed for specific goals or maybe a understanding how certain supplements, herbs, and natural remedies can in fact make a positive impact on your health. But if I don't get you started we fall into the crowd of "Conventional Wisdom" thinkers and get rapped up in a state of Paralysis by Analyses.


Now that you can visually see what your day looks like and understand when you have time to yourself lets add in sometimes that we can exercise at. The minimum amount of time you must open up in your schedule will be two days and the maximum will be six days. I like to leave at least one day for full recovery, my actual training   habits lean toward three days a week of HIIT met con (cross fit style) followed with a less intense full body circuit that allows for more of a aerobic training zone. For now don't get stuck on making the right choices I just want you to chose what just seems to fit your preferences, we will fill in the gaps later. 


If I was starting out from scratch and wanted to condition by with the best foundation I would go back to the best basic movements our bodies know. Come on, I know you know what they are! 

Thats right. Push ups, Squats, Pull ups, Presses, and Planks, I call them "The Fit Five" lol.... I know it may sound elementary to some of you, but I learned this lesson when I was 12, reading a book about the famous Bo Jackson (my favorite athlete of all time) who avoided the weight room like the plague because he hated how it effected him for days after the workouts (DOMS, delayed onset muscle soreness). He made a deal with his coaches while growing up, that he would workout on his own and for whatever reason if his conditioning was not up to par with what they felt was needed for the team, then he would hit the gym. HE was able to run a 4.1 forty ,lighting speed and still considered to this day one of the fastest verifiable times at the NFL combine, and did I mention he weighed 225 lbs of solid muscle, so needless to say Bo never made it to the gym and went on to win the Heisman trophy at Alabama and become the first major athlete to play both professional football and baseball.


Should I go onto to talk about Hershel Walker? Who was well known for setting out to perform 100,000 push ups, crunches and sprinted thousands of miles in a year. Oh, did I mention he was 12 years old when he started out on his mission? Can you even imagine a 12 year old considering this feat as a New Years Resolution? I sure can't!  I personally read about both these stars when I was young and I have to say with regret that I didn't have what it took to do what they were able to.  They possessed sheer dedication and determination in my opinion. But one thing these two Greats shared was a incredible work ethic and a love for keeping things simple, using only there body weight and surroundings to accomplish unheard of feats.


So again, if I were to start over and build a solid foundation then "The Fit Five" is where I would start for strength training exercises. In fact, lets do this right. For those of you who have not purchased a routine you are looking to use during your transformation and are looking to incorporate the best alternative to spending money on one or a gym membership. 

Lets start at ground zero, using our own weight to get fit. We have the rest of our lives to purchase programs that I have personally reviewed and found true to there word. I know the holidays are coming so lets work on perfecting our blueprints for the next two weeks. Since December is my B-day month and we are all over achievers, will begin our "life style makeover" December 1st, 2010. Why not? I dunno about you but I feel a sense of excitement while finishing this post, ants in my pants, I think I have just lit a torch to a trail ahead that I can't wait to travel along. Lets get ready.

You have two HW assignments this weekend. 1) Every time you eat this weekend, don't worry about what it is yet, I want you to be aware of how long it takes you to feel satisfied. 2) Take a walk and see how long you can last (for time, or distance) and then write it down.

Monday we will talk about the progressions to "The Fit Five" and how to figure out what exercise is the right exercise to start with. 
Enjoy your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment