The Fitness Buster - Home
LOCATION: 282 Franklin Street
|
Norwich CT 06360
CALL: 860.857.8689
|
Follow The Fitness Buster on LinkedIn
Follow The Fitness Buster on Twitter
Read The Fitness Buster Blog
Follow The Fitness Buster on Facebook
Home
About Me
Fitness Equipment
Recommended Workouts
Nutrition
Recipes
Fit Bits
Contact The Fitness Buster

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Your Weight Loss Tool Box

Today we start mind mapping out our journey for our 2011 New Years fitness resolutions, you can call it a blueprint, mind map, plan, whatever you want but no matter what all those names become one thing. A very distinct path that you will lay out with a clear vision of what your goal is at the end of the journey.

When I was growing up I was the rowdy kid in class (class clown if you will) and never did you see my grades sink more than when I stopped using that agenda the school system gives you the first week of class.


In essence we will be making our fitness "Agenda" if you will.

We must first start by understanding our personal circumstances. Like where we plan on achieving our goals. Are we going to join a local gym (I'm not a fan of club jobo), maybe a fitness bootcamp (were getting warmer), how about a personal trainer (still warmer and I think you should hire one at least once), or maybe small group training (my personal favorite)?

Over the next couple of weeks we will break down each service I have mentioned above but for now just leave your options open and whatever you do don't sign on the dotted line until you know what works best for you. Go around and get one trial offer after the next until you know what feels most comfortable. Its a lot cheaper this way and you won't waste your time or money by signing up and then quiting because it isn't what you expected it to be.

You may be deciding to workout at home and if that's the case, what equipment do you own? Just your bodyweight, bands, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls?

Just start putting your list together because knowing what you have available is a crucial part in building your personal tool box.

Now that you have an idea of what is available to you lets start to figure out how we are going to make this plan run like a well oiled machine.

I need to ask you a series of questions that will literally make you super successful or fail miserably depending on how honest you are with yourself. Just remember that no one is looking over your shoulder and no one is grading you, you can literally write your plan and journey in a diary if you want no one else knowing what your doing. I don't care, my only concern is your health and you reaching your desired goal without quiting.

So lets get started shall we and just remember it doesn't have to be exact, just typical. I mean when was the last thing you experienced exactly how it was suppose to be.

What time do you wake up on a typical daily basis?
When do you go to work?
When do you get your breaks?
What time do you finish up with work?
When do you get your shopping done?
When do you spend time with friends and family?
When and how often is exercising on a regular basis for you realistic?

As you might have guessed the last question is a very important factor on how quickly you are going to reach your goal but that does not mean you run with the herd and shoot to go 6 times a week for a month just because the marketing and buzz words are on TV for the weight loss resolution people. This year you will be different and when summer comes around and you go to the beach, your friends are going to be so envious of your results that they will pay you for this websites name.

So I know there is a million more questions you want answered. How do I do this, what is best, am I doing this right... Blah Blah Blah...

Hold your horses will ya, I have given you 8 solid questions that you need to answer prior to anything else so get started there please. I am literally going to take you by the hand for the next 3 months and show you step by step how to become success with whatever you put your mind to and not only that I am actually going to be doing the exact steps with you. I have to walk in your shoes if I want to help you achieve success, so I will be starting out at the easiest of exercise progressions, start implementing the easiest of nutrition habits and most importantly when I slip up and go out to eat, fast food, restaurants, go for drinks with friends, or buy my favorite candy bar you will be the first to know about it, because I want you to know I am human just like you  and no one is perfect. We aren't meant to be.

So sit down tonight and figure out your daily habits (the seven questions 4 paragraphs up) and what type of program or facility you will be using to reach your goal whether at home, in a gym, bootcamp, personal training or my favorite which is a good combination of all three and that is small group training which usually doesn't have more than 10 people per class and feels very personal.

See you tomorrow where we start plugging your answers into our blueprint.

{I found this on Google and thought it was the best illustration ever :}

No comments:

Post a Comment